E-commerce signup forms are very important because they form the basis of communication between your customer and your website.
With just a simple Klaviyo sign-up form for a Shopify store, potential customers can opt to receive messages from you.
Even though it may seem insignificant, it is actually one of the best ways to reach out to customers and build brand loyalty, push them towards purchases and help them to get messages directly.
The Purpose, Benefits, and Importance of a Klaviyo Signup Form For a Shopify Store
There are several advantages of using a Klaviyo signup form for a Shopify store.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of signup forms.
Signup forms increase the number of people on your list
According to statistics, signup forms are a simple and effective technique to attract visitors and turn them into clients.
It is a widely used service that is utilized by the majority of eCommerce businesses.
It is possible to display the many benefits that you will deliver to your consumers via the use of a signup form.
Customers are enticed to subscribe, and they convert to sales as a result.
You can add resources
When you use Klaviyo to design a signup page on Shopify, you can include unique resources and internal links to other pages on your website.
This will distinguish your signup form from those of other eCommerce companies, and clients will take note of it.
It is easy to share
With a dedicated link to your page, you can quickly share it with others on social media and other internet-based distribution channels.
All that is required is that you share that link with others in order for them to subscribe.
How to Add a Klaviyo Sign Up Form to a Shopify Store
We have listed the steps to add a Klaviyo Signup form to your Shopify store.
Check to see if the code snippet is installed in your Shopify
- First and foremost, go to “Integrations”. Check that your Shopify Integrations are active.
- Select “Shopify”.
- If it’s not checked, check it and click update.
- Then, return to Signup Forms and select “Install Code Snippet”.
Customize your newsletter
- Go to your online store and access your newsletter.
- If you wish to change it, go to “Online Store”.
- Then click “Customize”, “Footer”, “Newsletter”, and add any copy you like to this section.
Connect it to your list
- You may accomplish this by heading to your Klaviyo account and clicking on “Integrations”.
- Select “Shopify” and then “View Settings”.
- Then, choose “Collect Email Subscribers” and “Add Subscribers to List”. Take any list you want to link.
- In this situation, for example, it is the newsletter.
- Then choose “Update Settings”.
Create your signup form on Klaviyo
- On Klaviyo go to “Signup forms” and click on “Create signup form”.
- Select “Newsletter” and then “Create the form”.
- Make sure that it shows on mobile desktop as well so that all visitors can view it.
- Next, click on “Publish” and copy the code, and head over to Shopify.
On Klaviyo embed your form on Shopify
If you are using a custom theme for your signup form, you could add a short snippet of code to your Shopify form in order to link it to Klaviyo.
You could either add the form to the Shopify footer or the Shopify non-footer.
- First open “Themes” under the “Online Store”, in the Shopify admin.
- Under “Actions”, select “Edit code” from the menu.
- Navigate to your theme’s “footer.liquid” file.
- Next, paste the form embed code on a line above the starting “div>”.
- Click the “Save” button.
- You may use a Custom HTML block to insert an embedded form on your Shopify site anyplace other than the footer.
- To begin, go to your Shopify admin and select “Themes” under “Online Store”.
- Then, select “Customize” and then “Add Section”. You will notice the option to put a “Custom content” or a “Custom HTML” block here.
- Add the block and erase the default content that comes up if you see “Custom content” instead of Custom HTML.
- Then, select “Add content” and Custom HTML.
- Insert your embed code here.
Klaviyo Sign Up Form Advice
When creating a Klaviyo signup form on Shopify, keep in mind the following tips.
Keep it simple
Your sign-up form should be simple yet attractive. When there are too many details or elements like different types of text, different colors, and too much information, it will make it harder for viewers to read.
Add the necessary information, but at the same time keep it simple so that customers understand it.
Collect the right information
Do not bother your customers by asking for too much information on the signup form itself. Signup forms are used for collecting basic information like the name of the customer and the email address.
Once you get a customer’s email address, you can easily send them more data via email. On your signup form, eliminate extra words, videos, and photos, or advertisements.
Use a good CTA button
The CTA button should provide visitors with the chance to submit their forms once they are completed. Make it bold and large so that it can be easily seen.
Your subscribers should feel confident in submitting their information to you.
Make use of inline form validation
Inline validation is used to prevent incorrect information from being submitted. For example, if a person types in a wrong email address, or a wrong phone number, it would notify the customer until they correct it.
This ensures that people submit only the correct information and saves you from getting incorrect forms.
Show the benefits that the customer will derive
On your signup form itself, in a short and efficient way, show the customer the value of subscribing. For example, you could offer free delivery for the first-time purchase or a free trial for a few days, important information on services and products, or other details. This will encourage customers to sign up for your newsletter and subscribe.
Using a signup form is a great way to gather information from customers and enhance your business.
While you may spend time trying to customize your form and get the perfect layout, and use the right colors, it is more essential to look at the big picture. Once you have created your form, see what value it brings to the customer as a whole.
Keep in mind that there are experts in the industry who have the experience to help you to create the best signup forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
With Klaviyo, you can add unique resources and internal links to your sign-up forms designs. This way, the form is more personalized, and you attract more subscribers.
Not too much text, not too many questions, and a call to action. Don’t frustrate a user by stealing too much of his time with your 10 questions on your sign-up form. Keep it simple. But also don’t forget to add a call to action, so the user can do the intended action.
You just need to create the sign-up form on Klaviyo, include all the desired content and design, then embed this form to your Shopify store: on the Shopify footer or non-footer. To know more about the detailed process, read our article.