Many individuals aspire to be entrepreneurs, but it was impossible to establish an online business before the useful internet tools were accessible. But now, anyone with the time and tenacity can set an eCommerce website and sell things online.
Even if you’ve never developed a website before, technologies like Klaviyo make it simple to launch an online store and integrate your e-commerce platform.
Critical Components of Integrating A Custom Ecommerce Cart
There are four critical components of integrating with Klaviyo. The following are the essential components of integrating your bespoke e-commerce cart:
- Customer data
- Website activity
- Order activity
How to Sync Important Metrics, Or Key Customer Activities, To Klaviyo?
- When someone visits your website, you are said to be “active on site.”
- Viewed Product – When a customer views a product. Added to Cart – When a customer adds an article to their shopping cart.
- Started Checkout – When a user arrives at the checkout page.
You can also Use our Track API on the server for the following tasks:
- Order Placed – When an order is successfully processed on your network.
- Ordered Product – A unique event for each item in completed order.
- Fulfilled Order – When an order is fulfilled, it is forwarded to the customer.
- Order Cancelled – When a consumer cancels their order.
- Order Reimbursed – When a customer’s order gets refunded.
So, what else can you use track API for? You may use our Custom Catalog Feed connection for the following purposes:
- Catalog Feed – Your product catalog’s XML or JSON feed.
The degree of detail you transmit to Klaviyo inside these website, purchase, and checkout events determines how you may filter and segment based on these events in Klaviyo. Do you wish to learn how data can be arranged such that crucial event information is available for segmentation? If yes, don’t forget to check out our article on segment conditions!
What’s more? You must keep in mind that the excerpts in this guide make use of sample data. Therefore, you must adjust the values of the JSON properties in these excerpts so that they automatically draw from the information necessary for that property.
If you have any queries concerning custom integrations, please visit our custom integration FAQ or contact our Support Team.
Syncing Historical Data with Klaviyo
It is also a good idea to email us your previous order details. This will increase your capacity to segment that statistics and increase past revenue tracking accuracy. This information may be provided to us by iterating through your previous orders and creating Placed Order and Ordered Product Track API queries for each order.
While we advocate utilizing Klaviyo’s interfaces with technologies like Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce, and our API for bespoke integrations, you’ll be pleased to know you may also add that event data manually to Klaviyo.