Customer retention is the name of the game this week. Vira and Alissa are back with special guest Robbie Fitzwater to give you the ins and outs of customer retention.
Acquisition is where most businesses and marketers focus their time. Building a vast customer base is inherently appealing. It’s addictive. But it’s not the most stable way to grow your business. Increasing the lifetime value of your customers will protect you in the long term and help give you stable growth, especially in volatile markets.
Attention is the most valuable currency for a marketer. Getting attention is hard, but keeping it is harder. We’ll share how you can start playing the retention long game from day one with your customers in this episode.
Let’s get started!
About today’s guest
Robbie Fitzwater is the founder of MKTG Rhythm, an email marketing agency focusing on retention. He prides himself on teaching his clients to be better email marketers themselves. MKTG Rhythm aims to help clients build out and optimize their email ecosystem. He’s been making waves in the digital marketing world since 2008. He also teaches digital marketing and social media strategy as part of the Clemson MBA program as a side gig. No big deal.
- Why retention wins out over acquisition in the long-term
- How to maximize lifetime value in your customers
- How to best implement content marketing to build relationships with specific customer segments
- 4 Powerful strategies to boost your customer retention
- What pitfalls to avoid when building lasting customer relationships
Some of the questions we ask:
- What customer retention emails every business should have?
- What makes a good customer retention email strategy in 2022 and how will it be different now when we’re losing third party data?
- What are some common customer retention mistakes to avoid?
Links mentioned in this episode
Meet your hosts
Podcast host, marketer, traveller and a life lover from Vancouver, Canada
When she’s not at her computer, conquering the world of e-commerce email-marketing, you can find her climbing one of the Pacific Northwest Ranges.
Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite cat videos.
Alissa is an email marketer that is passionate about relevance!
Her main goal with all clients is to create a strategy and campaigns that are unique to the customer-base. Her favorite part of her role as an account manager with Flowium is to meet with her clients as she loves people. She lives with her husband and growing family in Boca Raton, FL.