Join our host Vira Sadlak for this interview with Reed O’Brien, Strategic Partnerships Manager at Empire Flippers, where he reveals expert tips for planning a successful business exit.
Discover insider strategies for selling small or large businesses, and learn how to avoid common pitfalls while preparing for a smooth and lucrative business sale.
About today’s guest
Reed O’Brien is Strategic Partnerships Manager. In his time at Empire Flippers, he’s helped hundreds of sellers achieve their exit goals.
- Planning your exit strategy for optimal business success
- Insider tips on what to expect when selling a small or large business
- Selling a business: the one case where DIY works best
- Different strategies to streamline payout structure for larger businesses
- Empire Flippers’ step-by-step process for selling a business
- How to leverage your strengths as an entrepreneur for a more lucrative exit
- The most common exit preparation mistakes to avoid for a smooth business sale
Some of the questions we ask:
- What is a business exit, and is it for everyone in eCommerce?
- Why sell your business, especially if it’s profitable?
- How often do buyers want to have performance-based pay?
- How much time do you need to prepare to exit?
- What’s better – to sell with a broker or on your own?
- How do you determine the value of a business?
- What are some factors to consider to evaluate my business’ monetary value?
- Are there any strategies to make your business more attractive to a buyer if you’re planning to sell in a few years?
Links mentioned in this episode
Meet your host
Podcast host, marketer, traveller and a life lover from Vancouver, Canada
When she’s not at her computer, conquering the world of e-commerce email-marketing, you can find her climbing one of the Pacific Northwest Ranges.
Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite cat videos.