When it comes to selling through email as a DTC brand, it can be hard to stand out.
Between countless “10% off”s and “Don’t miss out on our flash sale”s, your emails really need to speak to your audience’s hearts to get noticed and opened.
Although there’s no single strategy that can help you achieve that, in this episode, you’ll get a lot of valuable intel from a brand that managed to build a community and thrive through the pandemic.
This time, Alissa and Vira sit down to talk email with Shianne Smalling, the CRM specialist at Andie.
Andie is a luxury one piece swimsuit and bikini brand, made for women, by women. Andie’s mission is to support women in all stages of their life journey and offer high quality swim pieces that are their perfect fit.
Tune in for this insightful conversation and don’t forget to grab a notepad because this episode is full of stellar email strategy tips you’ll want to write down.
About today’s guest
Shianne Smalling is the CRM specialist at Andie. As a CRM specialist, she’s responsible for driving Andie’s email and SMS strategy.
- Why it’s important to hold off with your discount offers on the first interaction
- How to make sure you’re sending enough campaigns but that you’re also not bombarding your customers with your emails
- How to use SMS to drive engagement
- How often to send SMS and what content to use for them
- How to collect customer feedback to improve your emails
Some of the questions we ask:
- What’s your favorite flow and why?
- Do you offer the discount in the first email of the abandoned cart series?
- How often should you send campaigns?
- What’s the primary type of content that you should send in your email campaigns?
- What’s your strategy for off seasons?
- What’s one of your go-to segments?
- What do you do with subscribers who aren’t actively engaging with email?
- Where does SMS fit in your strategy?
Links mentioned in this episode
Meet your hosts
Podcast host, marketer, traveller and a life lover from Vancouver, Canada
When she’s not at her computer, conquering the world of e-commerce email-marketing, you can find her climbing one of the Pacific Northwest Ranges.
Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite cat videos.
Alissa is an email marketer that is passionate about relevance!
Her main goal with all clients is to create a strategy and campaigns that are unique to the customer-base. Her favorite part of her role as an account manager with Flowium is to meet with her clients as she loves people. She lives with her husband and growing family in Boca Raton, FL.