The Email Marketer’s greatest fear: your team spends weeks crafting the perfect email campaign or flow. Your copy is flawless, the design breathtaking, the offer unignorable. But your returns? Nothing. No click-throughs, no opens. Your email landed in the spam folder.
Why? Where did you go wrong?
It’s happened to the best of us, and this week on Email Einstein, Vira and Alissa are going to find the answers you need to keep this tragic story from happening again.
The mad scientists are joined this week by Francis Baker, Klaviyo’s Deliverability & Compliance expert. He’s here to answer those burning questions, why are my emails not getting delivered, and how you can keep your open rates high and revenues higher.
This is a repurposed episode because Vira and Alissa are in New York for the first-ever meeting of the entire Flowium executive team! After years of working remotely, the team is all in one place so expect big things in Flowium’s future!
About today’s guest
Francis has worked on the ground floor and helped build Klaviyo’s sending infrastructure and deliverability monitoring tools over the past 4+ years. He has helped 1,000’s of senders fight their way out of the spam folder and continues to leverage his expertise as he learns and grows with the Deliverability & Compliance community.
- How to stop emails from landing in the spam folder.
- What is your sender rating, and how to keep it high.
- Red flags to tell if your deliverability is off. And how to correct them.
- How to grow a responsive and engaged list organically.
Some of the questions we ask:
- What is email deliverability? How is email deliverability calculated?
- What is a sender’s reputation? How to check my sending reputation?
- What are the key points that influence email deliverability and your reputation as a sender?
- How can you train inbox providers to recognize you as a “good” sender if you are just starting with email marketing?
- What is list scrubbing and how can I do it for my email list?
Links mentioned in this episode
Meet your hosts
Podcast host, marketer, traveller and a life lover from Vancouver, Canada
When she’s not at her computer, conquering the world of e-commerce email-marketing, you can find her climbing one of the Pacific Northwest Ranges.
Alternatively, try her email at email@example.com, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite cat videos.
Alissa is an email marketer that is passionate about relevance!
Her main goal with all clients is to create a strategy and campaigns that are unique to the customer-base. Her favorite part of her role as an account manager with Flowium is to meet with her clients as she loves people. She lives with her husband and growing family in Boca Raton, FL.